Meet parliamentarians and learn about our Canadian system of government.
- Visit the Senate and House of Commons and interact with the Speaker of each chamber, the Clerks and the Pages.
- Attend a reception and network with Senators, Members of Parliament, and other important decision-makers.
- Visit Rideau Hall, the official residence of the Governor General of Canada or the Supreme Court of Canada.
In 2017, participants met the Governor General His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston during their tour of Rideau Hall!
All sessions are unique with different stakeholders in attendance at each.
Participate in simulations and take part in the decision-making process.
Possible simulations include:
- Elections: take part in the electoral process in Canada
- Cabinet: become a Cabinet Minister and must defend their ministry’s point of view when discussing a topic.
- World Trade: explore the roles and challenges posed by trade negotiations between Canada and the world
- First Ministers’ Conference: engage in discussions and negotiations in order to increase awareness of federal, provincial, and territorial interests, with a goal of reaching consensus for action.
- Civil Society and Public Policy: understand how all elements of civil society (government, corporations, the not-for-profit sector and others) work together to shape public policy.
Develop strong relationships with people from across Canada.
- Connect with a group of engaged young leaders, just like you.
- Share your passion for politics and your sense of civic engagement with others.
- Develop friendships and professional connections.